- After recognition, individual need to present the problem in a simpler form, based on prior knowledge.
- Initial and goal state need to be clear with practical limitations
- Understand nature of problem, make it meaningful and approach it using knowledge you have.
- Establishing the relevant information from irrelevant, and reframing the problem
- Too much information can be a barrier to problem representation.
E.g. Illicit Drug Use
- Law and order problem
- Health problem
- Social problem
- Political problem
- Moral problem
Reframe Problem = Perceptual Influence of Initial & Goal States = Appropriate Strategies