- A neurodevelopmental condition in which IQ falls below 70
- Adaptive behavior across conceptual, social, and practical domains of life is severely deficient for a person of a particular age.
- Symptoms must also first be present during the developmental period.
Four Levels of Intellectual Disability
- Mild, Moderate, Severe, and Profound.
- Determined by the level of adaptive functioning and level of supports the individual needs in their daily life.
- Deprived environments
- Chromosome and genetic disorders
- Dietary deficiencies